When it comes to men’s suits, which cutting style should I choose? What about the Korean Cut?
One thing you should consider is your body shape.
The Korean Cut :
Strictly speaking, Korean Cut should be classified under the Italian Cut, as both emphasize on slim-fitted cuttings.
Suit characteristics (Jacket):
- Light cloth & light canvas
- High buttons
- Flapless pockets
- High gorge lines
- Usually no padding at all for natural shoulders
- No vents
But different from Italian Cut, the Korean one is…:
- Slimmer cut (If we describes Italian Cut as “slim-fit”, then Korean Cut would be “super slim-fit”)
- Shorter jacket length (Korean Cut suits have even shorter jacket length, the suit jacket only covers 1/3 of pants’ zipper; Italian Cut suit jackets should cover about half of the pants’ zipper)
Suit characteristics (pants):
- Tapered waist
- Tight hips
- Usually have no pant break.
- Slim men
- Korea movie stars Lee Min-ho
Darmian S: – Fashionista & Suit Enthusiast! Lover of local culture and exploring the secrets of the tailoring industry.
Readers who have any questions on suits or menswear, feel free to contact me at email@example.com