Good news to not just my readers, but also to all book lovers!
One of the largest event in Hong Kong, the Book Fair 2017, is now open till 24 July 2017. This year, the Book Fair is held at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Here are some tips before you going to the Book Fair:
1) Beware of the Opening Hours (Some days open till midnight, some close at 5PM)
19-20 July 2017 (Wed-Thur)
21-22 July 2017 (Fri-Sat)
10:00 am – 12:00 midnight
10:00 am – 11:00 pm
23-24 July 2017 (Sun-Mon)
25 July 2017 (Tue)
2) Ticket fare (“Early birds” get discounted tickets! 60% cheaper if getting there before noon)
Open to public by ticket admission
- Adult Ticket: HK$25
- Child Ticket : HK$10 (for children under 1.22m tall/ primary school students)
Morning Admission Ticket (entry before 12:00noon)
- Adult and Child Ticket: HK$10
- (available for sale at the fairground only each day)
- Regular tickets dated 19 and 20 July can enjoy free admission on 21, 22 or 23 July after 5pm by presenting the whole stub attached to the admission ticket.
- Children under 3 and elderly over 65 will be admitted free of charge
- There will be no admission to the venue 45 minutes before the announced daily closing time of the Fair
- The inaugural Hong Kong Sports and Leisure Expo will be held concurrently on 21-25 July. Ticket holders of Hong Kong Book Fair can visit both fairs on the same day
3) Discounted coupons (Print them out before you arrive)
Online coupons are available on HKTDC websites (including free gifts, 10% off coupons, etc). Don’t forget to print them out before going to the Book Fair.
Link to HKTDC Book Fair Discount Coupons:
4) Don’t waste your trip to Wanchai – the famous local food & stuff
No matter you’re taking MTR or bus to Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre, don’t forget to drop by Wanchai where you can find many great stuff.
Firstly, of course is food. The “Happy Cake Shop” located at 106 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, is a famous bakery shop with long history. You can get a tasty Hong Kong-style “pineapple bun” at just HK$5 each (US$0.8).
Another thing you shouldn’t miss out is – our Hong Kong tailors. Not only Central CBD or Tsimshatsui in Kowloon, there are also quality tailors here in Wanchai district, such as Princeton Rave Tailor, Frankie Tailor etc.
Dynasty Tailor is another famous tailor which is just one metro station away from Wanchai, in Causeway Bay
You can make an online appointment days in advance, or when you’re about to leave the Book Fair from the Convention & Exhibition Centre before you visit. This will keep the shop owner informed, so that the owners ready to serve you at the shop (instead of hanging out for an afternoon tea at Happy Cake Shop).
Darmian S: – Fashionista & Suit Enthusiast! Lover of local culture and exploring the secrets of the tailoring industry.
For my readers, please feel free send your question to my mailbox email@example.com